Monday, November 10, 2014

Literary analysis Jason

  1. How did the author use a particular literary technique (allusion, metaphor, imagery, symbolism, etc.) and what effect does this technique have on the reader?

From what I interpret from this book, I think that the literature techniques that the author is using in this book is to make the reader able to imagine how Ji li ( the protagonist) feels kind of to put the reader in her shoes. As the author mixes the first and third person style of writing. Such as sometimes, the author might say "The Liberation Army woman smiled sweetly. “That was very good. Now you maygo back to your classroom.” She patted me on my head before she turned back to test Tong Chao." page 19 In this phrase or paragraph, you can actually feel that mixture of first and third person. Moreover sometimes the author might use similes to describe how the protagonist feels. Like " It felt like the sky was falling towards me" .

may.be.me.logo.final.for.packages
"May Be Me Dialogue: Law Reform, Gender and Disability." N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Nov. 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment