Sunday, November 9, 2014

Literary Analysis (Robert Gibbs)


  1. How did the author use a particular literary technique (allusion, metaphor, imagery, symbolism, etc.) and what effect does this technique have on the reader?

I felt that the author mainly used imagery to really put the reader in the authors place. I Felt that the way the author used imagery it really helped the reader to connect and in ways feel the emotions of the story more fluidly. It also helped the reader see the story through the character and not through their perspectives. Allusion to text would be in this case more allusion to history because, since the book is based of a real time period and states what actually happened it basically alludes to the past and the Chinese cultural revolution. These things all add up to making the story an extremely imaginary story by that I mean it makes you use your imagination. These thing really for me at least help improve the way I read the story because I can connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment